Ascend strives to be the employer of choice for our Team Members and a provider of choice for our customers. This position is accountable for conducting safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Demonstrate personal concern for maintaining a safe environment for themselves and others.
- Actively promotes the proper use of equipment and adherence to processes.
- Provide formal and informal teaching/coaching on inspection of equipment.
- ELD training to include HOS, information transfers, and dispatch information
- Design, develop, and implement accident/injury prevention training.
- Assesses drivers grasp of the training and identifies areas for continued learning.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Drivers, Operations, Management, and Maintenance.
- Complete coaching and corrective actions as set by company policy.
- Coordinate driver safety meetings in the field on ensuring they comply with all safety/compliance policies.
- Coordinate training with management on ensuring they can carry out safety/compliance policies, as well as reporting procedures.
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with safety and compliance policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Ascend workforce, as well as the motoring public.
- Experience in transportation industry
- Experience in transportation safety and compliance
- Familiarity with current and pending Government Regulations (DOT/FMCSA, OSHA).
- Knowledge of FMCSA and DOT regulations, hours of service (HOS) rules, CSA.
- McLeod experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Organized and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Ability to lead projects to streamline reporting process.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to promote a culture of trust and safety.
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Proven analytical problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
- High School Degree
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive environment where all individuals may grow and thrive, respecting the different experiences that each employee brings to their job. Ascend believes that a diverse work environment results in a better experience for employees and customers and makes Ascend stronger.
With our mission of diversity and inclusion in mind, we provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, age, disability, citizenship, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or Ascend policy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position, other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Employee’s acknowledgment constitutes employee’s understanding of the principal accountabilities and duties of the position and certifies that they are physically able to perform the necessary duties in the work environment.
LeadFlex Job ID: 37211
Post Date: 05/15/2023