The Safety Assistant is responsible for ensuring team member’s compliance with applicable DOT laws and regulations. This position will also promote a culture of Safety that encourages safe driving and compliance with DOT laws and regulations.
- Pay $15 - $17 per hour
- Demonstrates personal concern for maintaining a safe environment for themselves and others.
- Actively promotes the proper use of equipment and adherence to processes.
- Monitor team members’ compliance in accordance with FMCSRs 392 & 395.
- Maintain DOT regulatory compliance with the hours-of-service program.
- Maintain DOT regulatory compliance with Electric On-Board Recording Device program.
- Communicate directly with driver team members regarding specific compliance with FMCSRs 392 & 395.
- General reporting of OSHA compliance.
- Maintaining office supply as necessary.
- Book travel arrangements as needed.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail.
- Greet and assist visitors to the office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Model and promote Ascends Values: Zero Safety Events; Be Courageous; Act with Integrity; Inspire Trust; Teamwork; Have Fun and Build a Legacy.
- Knowledge and general understanding of transportation logistics business.
Experience, KNOWLEDGE, Skills, and traits
- Proficient level Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Education, Certificatons, & License REquirement
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive environment where all individuals may grow and thrive, respecting the different experiences that each employee brings to their job. Ascend believes that a diverse work environment results in a better experience for employees and customers and makes Ascend stronger.
With our mission of diversity and inclusion in mind, we provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, age, disability, citizenship, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or Ascend policy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position, other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Employee’s acknowledgment constitutes employee’s understanding of the principal accountabilities and duties of the position and certifies that they are physically able to perform the necessary duties in the work environment.
LeadFlex Job ID: 34337
Post Date: 05/15/2023