Ascend strives to be the employer of choice for our Team Members and a provider of choice for our Customers. This position is accountable to assist the Distribution Center Operations Manager in the maintenance operations of assigned terminal for the purpose of maximizing vehicle uptime, controlling costs, improving shop efficiency, and workforce retention.
- Plan and organize processes and areas of service, including, receiving, picking, storage, cycle counting, scheduling, and shipping.
- Communicate effectively with other members of management and team members as well as customers.
- Train others on proper Distribution Center procedures as requested.
- Operate a forklift safely and in a productive manner when needed to support performance goals.
- Assist the DC Managers and Team Leads in other areas and customers as needed.
- Oversee the cleaning and safety of the work area.
Leadership and Management
- This position supervises others and responsible for being results oriented, collaborative, delegate effectively and strive for harmony, ensuring team effectiveness.
- Assists with the hiring and continued development of direct reports.
- Provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Reduce workforce turnover by improving employee relations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Holds self and others accountable to demonstrate Ascends Values: Zero Safety Events; Be
- Courageous; Act with Integrity; Inspire Trust; Teamwork; Have Fun and Build a Legacy.
- 3PL experience required
- Experience in managing, shipping, receiving, inventory, and warehousing.
- Must be available to work as needed depending on workload, training, and scheduling need.
- Normal week will be 45-50 hours but must be available additional hours during peak demands or when issues arise.
- Experience in operating a forklift safely and in a productive manner.
- Must have thorough DC knowledge and experience, including unloading, staging, receiving, storage and outbound procedures, and a working understanding of general WMS practices and RF gun procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office platform including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Successful experience utilizing excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and lead direct reports.
- Promotes and reinforces safety and security awareness and compliance among all colleagues.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive environment where all individuals may grow and thrive, respecting the different experiences that each employee brings to their job. Ascend believes that a diverse work environment results in a better experience for employees and customers and makes Ascend stronger.
With our mission of diversity and inclusion in mind, we provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, age, disability, citizenship, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or Ascend policy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position, other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Employee’s acknowledgment constitutes employee’s understanding of the principal accountabilities and duties of the position and certifies that they are physically able to perform the necessary duties in the work environment.
LeadFlex Job ID: 29980
Post Date: 05/15/2023