The Senior Director of National Accounts is responsible for generating new customers, building customer relationships, and expanding business with existing customers in their assigned region. This individual will act as a business consultant to establish credibility with prospects through an understanding of the customer’s business issues and developing logical economically solutions that benefit both the carrier and shipper. They will understand how to implement the regional strategy as directed by the Regional President to support company goals.
- Receive direction from the Regional President of Truckload Operations and collaborate with VP of Corporate Development to ensure alignment with business development strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development.
- Expand the network to improve density and maximize revenue and profit by selling differentiated value in alignment with regional operational strategies.
- Generate new business opportunities via direct sales through prospecting and managing the lead origination process.
- Manage customer relationships including interactions through customer calls and meetings resulting in new business wins.
- Partner with customers, internal customer service, and regional leadership to solve problems as they may occur.
- Model and promote Ascends Values: Zero Safety Events; Be Courageous; Act with Integrity; Inspire Trust; Teamwork; Have Fun and Build a Legacy.
- Prior National Account management.
- 5 – 10 years proven ability in high level transportation sales, including: asset-based truckload, and value-added sales such dedicated, distribution, and brokerage.
- Experience securing and working with Fortune 100 companies.
- Proven prospecting skills that deliver new business.
- Financial management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Astute negotiation skills and ability to build strong business relationships with all levels, including C-level executives.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time independently.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive environment where all individuals may grow and thrive, respecting the different experiences that each employee brings to their job. Ascend believes that a diverse work environment results in a better experience for employees and customers and makes Ascend stronger.
With our mission of diversity and inclusion in mind, we provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), religion, age, disability, citizenship, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or Ascend policy.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position, other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Employee’s acknowledgment constitutes employee’s understanding of the principal accountabilities and duties of the position and certifies that they are physically able to perform the necessary duties in the work environment.
LeadFlex Job ID: 14100
Post Date: 05/15/2023