Employee Assistance Program
Posted: January 7, 2022
Life doesn’t always go as planned but knowing you have professional support and guidance at your disposal can make all the difference in overcoming life’s challenges. Ascend is pleased to offer our professional drivers and staff an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no additional cost as part of our outstanding benefits program.
This program provides Ascend drivers and staff with easy-to-use services to help with the everyday challenges of life concerning work, life, and your overall well-being. Through LifeWorks, one of the nation’s premier providers of EAPs, you can connect to experienced counselors to talk about anything going on in your life, including:
- Family: Going through a divorce, caring for an elderly family member, returning to work after having a baby
- Work: Building relationships with dispatchers and staff members, handling stress on the road
- Money: Budgeting, financial guidance, retirement planning, buying or selling a home, tax questions
- Legal Services: Issues relating to civil, personal and family law, financial matters, real estate and estate planning
- Identity Theft Recovery: ID theft prevention tips and help from a financial counselor if you are victimized
- Health: Coping with anxiety or depression, getting the proper amount of sleep, how to kick a bad habit like smoking, weight loss
- Everyday Life: Moving and adjusting to a new community, grieving over the loss of a loved one, military family matters, training a new pet
You can rest assured that Ascend’s EAP provides convenient and confidential help when you want it, how you want it. The program includes up to five in person, phone or video consultations with licensed counselors for you and your eligible household members, per issue, per calendar year.
If you’re simply looking for information, the program offers easy-to-use educational tools
and resources online and through a mobile app. There is a chat feature so you can talk with
a consultant to guide you to the information you are looking for or help you schedule an
appointment with a counselor.
We know life on the road can present challenges and it can be difficult to find someone to answer your questions. Ascend’s EAP is here to help! And it’s just one of the many excellent benefits and advantages we offer our professional CDL-drivers and staff. Want to learn more? Connect with us today!